Public transport security in the event of emergencies and assaults
Dangerous situations can arise at bus stops and in public transport vehicles - be it a medical emergency or a violent/sexual assault. There is not always someone nearby who can help (alone at the stop or alone in a vehicle compartment). In order for passengers to feel safer, they should be offered a simple, quick and above all safe solution to draw attention to themselves in case of danger. There are two possible approaches to this:
DEVICES AT THE STOP/ ON THE VEHICLE
- Emergency buttons distributed at the stop/ in the vehicle
- Transmit location or line
- Security personnel are automatically sent to the appropriate location/line.
- In a vehicle, the driver is automatically informed (could intervene if appropriate training could be ensured; announcement over the loudspeakers to be able to intervene at least in this way).
- Easy approach
- protection against misuse
- Protection against accidental activation
- Small portable everyday objects (e.g. pens) that you can put in your pocket can serve as "emergency buttons".
- Transmit location or line, but really only when clicked (otherwise no tracking)
- Security personnel are automatically sent to the corresponding location/line
- Registration of the owners, so that misuse can be prevented
- Protection against accidental triggering
Stigmatization must be avoided here as well!