Women in the maritime sector
- Location: Worldwide
- Year: Since 1974
- Initiator: WISTA International
Promoting ideas and discussing the most current issues in the maritime sector, also at an institutional level.
Women’s International Shipping & Trading Association (WISTA International) is a global organisation connecting female executives and decision-makers around the world . WISTA International serves as a connector for its network of more than 3,000 female professionals from all sectors of the maritime industry.
WISTA is an international networking organization whose mission is to attract and support women, at the management level, in the maritime, trading and logistics sectors.
WISTA works toward:
- Minimizing the existing gender leadership gap in the maritime, trading and logistics sectors.
- Building a community among its members, facilitating the exchange of contacts, information, and experiences
- Promoting the creation of business relationships among its members
- Facilitating the professional development of its members
- Providing liaison with other related institutions and organizations worldwide
51 countries support a National WISTA Association (NWA), each of which in turn is a member of and is guided by WISTA International. NWAs provide in-country and regional networking, business and skill-building opportunities, corporate visibility, and also facilitate relationships within the industry.
 Association web site