Special conditions for taxi rides for different user groups
- Location: Bologna, Italy
- Year: Since June 2018
- Initiator: The municipality of Bologna
Assuring a safer comeback for women travelling at night by taxi and providing incentives for disabled persons and people with special needs to use the taxi.
The municipality of Bologna approved in June 2018 an update of taxi fares in the city area and its surroundings. The main novelty of this measure is the creation of specific discounts for special needs users (pregnant women, women with children, elderly, disabled people). This deal was negotiated with the taxi drivers.
Special fees granted:
- 10% reduction for single women travelling with children under 12 years of age between 8.30 pm and 5.30 am
- 10% reduction for pregnant women who are alone, 24/7;
- 10% reduction for customers over 75 years travelling to healthcare or municipal facilities
- 15% reduction for customers with a certified disability of more than 67 %
In addition, taxi drivers commit themselves to provide assistance to all vulnerable passengers in order to minimise possible barriers to the use.
 Official municipality measure (IT): http://atti9.comune.bologna.it/atti/wpub_delibere.nsf/%24%24OpenDominoDocument.xsp?documentId=286C90FBEC019591C12582A6007AB8E6&action=openDocument
 Overview of the fares (EN)
 News article on the measure (IT)