How can we make sure our bikes are safe?
Topic Safety and securitySmart bikingNew mobility forms
In March 2020, the city of Paris started to install bicycle shelters in different neighbourhoods to fight against theft.
- The shelters are covered and can be locked with a personal lock.
- They can hold up to six bikes.
Do you know if similar initiatives are in place in other European cities? If so, what are the differences? Do you have other ideas on how to make our bikes safe?
- More information (in French) on
- website: https://abris-securises-velos.paris.fr/
- article: https://www.cnews.fr/france/2020-03-10/paris-dernier-jour-pour-reserver-sa-place-dans-un-abri-velos-securise-934787
1 month ago
Since many years, the Turin metropolitan city promotes a service to punch an ID number on the bike frame. A registry of stolen bikes is then maintained as a measure to discourage thefts. See details on http://www.cittametropolitana.torino.it/cms/ambiente/mobilita-sostenibile/progetti-mobilita/marchiatura-biciclette/marchiatura-delle-biciclette
Recently, the same initiative also spread in other Italian cities such as Padova (https://www.padovanet.it/informazione/marcatura-biciclette-e-monopattini )